At present, the incidence of diabetes in China is increasing year by year, and the incidence has increased from less than 1% in the late 70s to about 3.2%; and the incidence in large cities such as Beijing has reached 5%. With the popularization of various diabetes knowledge and diabetes education activities, many patients with strong self-care awareness have begun to accept the concept of self-glucose monitoring, and purchase blood glucose meters for self-monitoring and self-management of diabetes. Faced with a wide variety of blood glucose meters on the market, diabetics often do not know how to choose.
How to judge the quality of each brand of blood glucose meter
1. First judge the accuracy, generally the detection error of the same blood should be less than 0.6 mmol/L, and the lowest measurable blood glucose value should be greater than 1.1 mmol/L.
2. Convenient, light and easy to carry, and simple to operate.
3. The blood collection needle should be convenient to use and the pain is small;
4. No need to adjust the code;
5. The amount of blood taken should be small; Fast measurement time;
6. The unit of value is millimoles/liter);
7. The display screen should be large and clear;
8. Easy battery replacement.
Blood glucose meter
There are 4 major elements that should be mastered
1. The accuracy should be as similar as possible to the test value of intravenous blood drawing at the same time, and the difference should not be too great, otherwise there may be a tragedy of delaying the condition;
2. Looking at the service, you should understand the after-sales service work of the blood glucose meter, whether the supply of the test strip is in place, and prevent the situation of “cooking without rice”;
3. Look at the operation of the machine, such as whether the blood collection needle is convenient to use, the amount of blood required, the time of the machine reading, the size and clarity of the display screen, the convenience of battery replacement, whether the machine is beautiful, how is the size, etc.;
4, look at the price, in the blood glucose meter purchase price is not the most important, the key is quality, but generally better blood glucose meter is around a thousand yuan, for many families is also an additional burden, need to be comprehensively measured. Of course, the easiest way to do this is to ask a doctor you trust.
Common big brands of blood glucose meters
1. Roche Roche, a German brand, one of the earliest manufacturers of blood glucose meters).
2. Johnson Johnson, United States, 1887, Johnson & Johnson (China) Investment Co., Ltd.).
3. Abbott Riampan Abbott (top ten blood glucose meter brands, American brand, Shanghai Abbott Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.).
4. Kyoto ARKRAY (1960, Japan, Arkray International Trading (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.).
5. Bioland (since 1998 Taiwan, Iolo Medical Devices (Taiwan) Co., Ltd.).
6. Bayer-Biogen-Byanyi (German brand, one of the world’s earliest manufacturers of portable blood glucose meters).
7. Sannuo (top ten blood glucose meter brands, Changsha Sannuo Biosensing Technology Co., Ltd.).
8. Yicheng (Top 10 blood glucose meter brands, Beijing Yicheng Bioelectronics Technology Co., Ltd.).
1. Confirm whether the blood glucose meter and the test strip are the same manufacturer and whether the code is consistent;
2. Familiarize yourself with the operating instructions and precautions of the blood glucose meter;
3. The commonly used blood collection site is the abdomen of the middle finger or ring finger
4. Use alcohol during disinfection, and only after the alcohol is completely dry can blood be collected, do not use iodine wine or iodophor for disinfection;
5. Pay attention to observe the blood mobility of different patients, and live fingers in winter to ensure that the blood collection site has sufficient blood sucking;
6. Do not squeeze the wound too much during blood collection, so as to avoid exudation of interstitial fluid and affect blood glucose results.
1. Make sure your hands are warm, clean and dry to ensure hygiene and stimulate blood flow.
2) Avoid sugary food scraps (e.g., fruit, bread, and juice) on your hands. Because these items can cause large errors in the test results, especially when the amount of blood collected is low.
3. Alcohol disinfection, wait for alcohol to dry before taking blood, so as not to mix alcohol into the blood and cause errors in monitoring results. Never sterilize with iodine wine.
4. If the blood glucose meter uses a code plate, the code plate belonging to the test strip batch should be inserted into the blood glucose meter before performing the first test.
Finger blood monitoring values are inaccurate and require vigilance
There are errors in the blood monitoring values, which are usually caused by diabetics during the procedure or other reasons. The specific reasons are summarized as follows:
1. The blood glucose meter does not match the blood glucose test strip. When diabetic patients measure blood sugar, use blood glucose test strips that match their blood glucose meters, and it is best to use test strips produced by the original manufacturer. Otherwise, if the blood glucose meter does not match the blood glucose test strip, the monitoring value will be inaccurate. In addition, the blood glucose monitoring value can also be inaccurate due to the long period of time if the blood glucose meter is not adjusted.
2. The test strip is expired. The expiration of the test strip mentioned here not only refers to the test strip exceeding the expiration date, but also refers to the premature expiration of the test strip due to long-term exposure or unsealed nourishment.
3. The amount of blood taken is too much or too small. Too much or too little can affect blood glucose monitoring results. In addition, the patient should make sure that a sufficient amount of finger blood is dripped into the round test hole of the test strip.
4. When measuring finger blood, squeeze the needle piercing place too much. As mentioned earlier, improper squeezing will cause tissue fluid to be squeezed out and mixed with blood, diluting the blood and causing low blood glucose values.
5. Alcohol anti-virus has not dried. Diabetic patients are best disinfected with alcohol, and then measure the blood after the alcohol has completely volatilized, otherwise alcohol dilutes the blood and leads to unstable blood glucose values. In addition, patients should not use iodine alcohol disinfection, which can also skew blood glucose values. When disinfecting alcohol, diabetics need to pay attention to alcohol disinfection methods. The correct alcohol disinfection method is: take the puncture point as the center, rotate the disinfection with a cotton swab, and only after drying, can the blood sugar be measured.
6. When monitoring blood glucose, move the test strip and blood glucose meter. Moving or leaning can affect blood glucose monitoring results.
In the following cases, it is necessary to calibrate the blood glucose meter in time
1. Use a new blood glucose meter for the first time.
2. Every time you use a new bottle of test strips.
3. When there is a suspicion of a problem with the blood glucose meter or test strip.
4. When the test results fail to reflect their feelings, clinical symptoms or glycated hemoglobin levels.
5. After the blood glucose meter falls.
1. The blood glucose meter should be placed in a dry and clean place, and stored at normal room temperature to avoid beating, water, etc.
2. The allowable working temperature of the blood glucose meter is 10~40 degrees Celsius, and the humidity is 20%~80%, which is too cold, too hot and too humid will affect its accuracy.
3. When testing blood sugar, it is inevitable to be contaminated by dust, fibers, debris, etc. in the environment, especially the blood accidentally smeared on it during the test, which will affect the test results, so it is necessary to clean and maintain the machine regularly to remove blood stains, cloth dust, dust.
4. When cleaning, wipe with a soft cloth dipped in clean water, do not wash with detergent or infiltrate water into the blood glucose meter, and do not immerse the blood glucose meter in water or rinse with water to avoid damage. Be careful not to use organic solvents such as alcohol when wiping to avoid damaging its light
5. Pay attention to keep the test strip in a dry and cool place, do not touch the test area of the test strip every time you use it, and pay attention to its validity period is three months after opening.
Blood glucose meter
Blood glucose meter
Blood glucose meter